Sunday, February 22, 2009

In a Barbie World

Happy Birthday Barbie! Though I am not quite your Barbie girl- never really was a fan as a youngin- I do love the looks designed for Barbie's 50th Anniversary show at Fashion Week. A mix of fun and fantasy, designers really had a good time with this one. Here are some of my favorites...

"Barbie represents a confident and independent woman with an amazing ability to have fun while remaining glamorous." -Diane von Furstenburg
____________________________________________

Nicole Miller
_______________________

Rebecca Taylor
___________________________

"I'm a Barbie girl, in a Betsey world." -Betsey Johnson.
_______________________________________

Koi Suwannagate
(This model may actually be Barbie, crazy!)
______________________________________

Monique Lhullier
________________________

“I had a Barbie before I had a G.I. Joe.” -Alexander Wang.
_________________________________________

Rachel Roy
_________________________

"Barbie perseveres today as a cultural icon; her allure is as broad as it is individualized. Her enchanting essence has allowed generations of women to enter a world of make-believe that knows no boundaries." -Vera Wang

No comments: